Welcome to the Belton with Browston Parish Council website. The Parish Council is the elected local authority and as the first tier of local government, closest to the people.
Elections are held every four years to elect the 13 Parish Councillors. The Chairman and Vice Chair are elected by fellow councillors each year.
The role of the council is to:
- Articulate the needs of the community to the press, principal authorities and other organisations
- Liaise with other local authorities to develop mutual interests, projects and activities and work in partnership with principal authorities and other organisations.
- Implement council policy and maintain financial records.
- Help members of the public with enquiries.
- Set up advisory committees to deal with specific tasks
The Clerk, Kate Ruddock who is also the Responsible Financial Officer can be contacted Monday to Friday, between 9.00am and 3.00pm with any Parish related concerns or issues.
The Council meets at the New Road Sport and Leisure Centre on the 1st Tuesday of each month. Except for the month of August when the council is in recess. The meetings commence at 7.30pm.
The public section takes place at the beginning of each meeting when local residents can ask questions or provide views on matters relating to the village. The council allows 15 minutes to hear to views of the public. Each member of the public is permitted to ask one question during the section. Any remaining time is then allocated at the Chairman’s discretion.
Each Councillor has an allocated Portfolio that they are responsible for. Alongside the portfolios the council also has a number of working parties that report back to the Parish Council on a regular basis.
The Parish council is responsible for maintaining the Bell Lane Playing Field. It manages the grass cutting at New Road, Belton churchyard and Bland Corner.
The council can be contacted through the Parish Clerk as follows.
Mrs Kate Ruddock
Belton with Browston Parish Council
56 Victoria Road
Telephone: 01493 602960
email: [email protected]